Wednesday, February 13, 2008

:)

Smelling great, feeling good, really just posting to move the maxi discussion further down from opening salvo.

I had Italian sandalwood lotion sent to me so that's on the daily list and then I spritz some pink mid-market perfume on top of that. The joy of my life is in lotion.

I have a new writing project and it's a TV show all about, basically, me. Y mentioned collaborating and that makes it more exciting. I have ideas for it - in a season-long kind of way. I also have the last application, to Iowa, to get out this weekend and I don't have too busy a weekend planned so that's the main idea. They require 2 samples so blah blah blah. The exciting thing about the TV show is that since I'm so often writing about myself, there's a lot of things I've started in the past year or two that I think I can integrate... like the story I think I'll send Iowa in addition to the play. FYI - I probably won't get into schools this year. I only mention this because I don't want my readers to be dissapointed after all this talk.

The main worry is not doing it - writing the show I mean. I mean day to day not doing it. And you know my go-home routine. (Music, beers, sometimes phone calls) And you know how tempting it is to go home and just do that.

My bro called the other night - he's having major epihphanies about himself since experiencing his first major breakup. He's filling pages and pages of Microsoft Word. He was telling me his revelations. I wanted to be helpful, but ultimately I just said I remembered similar states, also I think in my senior year, and told him, yes, it is kind of sad, because it's growing up and it can be like this. He was like, "So, being grown, it's like, you go to work, you come home, fix dinner, and maybe get a phone call and go to sleep." I was like, "Well NO, not quite!" It was pretty funny. Yes and no, right? Anyway, I tried to tell him that it's not THAT bad. But to bring it on back to me, my brother is right enough in his assessment as it relates to productivity. Once home, I muse plenty and last night I even came up with some great dialogue and didn't WRITE IT DOWN. I don't know. I'm happy though. Things are okay.

I want a dream lover, so I don't have to dream alone.

Happy Valentine's Day. (tomorrow - in case I don't post some ranting cliche nonsense.)

love
Alexis

2 comments:

Eff Gwazdor said...

hi Alexis~!

I don't want a Valentine.

I want a pin-up.

Alexis said...

I was gona send you this not especially funny comic called "Artists that take Risks" example dialogue from 2 cells: "This crazy bitch is driving me around London" cell 2: "Without any fucking shoes on her feet." and then: "This young german artist on the table saw has got a fucking death wish."

But you want Betty Page? Valentine's day is over my friend,

XO
A