Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Why does it have to be like this?

Just when I'm ready to just quit my job, all "what have you done for me lately?" (besides lead me into depression and anxiety and a truly terrible attitude and questions like, "why was I ever even born?") I'm also moving and can't quit.

You can't imagine how many clerical tasks I have before me. My boss pretends she's going to talk to me and never ever does. The girl who is on her maternity leave that I replaced for said leave is apparently not returning til NOVEMEBEr although all the bosses have been telling me August. I'm onto their lie and try to confront but no one will talk to me.

There is so much i want to do. So much. I'm so ready for my real life to start - in the apartment with the rooms - with the things i want to write and the places I want to go. And the furniture I want to haul from dixsparate places to my new one... the flatscreen TV, the desk, the bookshelves, the leather couch, the kitchen table... oh it goes on and on and what a joy it will be but I just can't get there and I don't want to create one more spreadsheet or extract emails from one more spreadsheet or go on living if I have to continue doing this crap.

I just need this job to end. I'm going to call out tomorrow. This is the best solution I can come up with.

XO
Alexis

1 comment:

kungfuramone said...

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you get a newer, better job really soon.

However, on the plus side, you invented the word "dixsparate," which is like a bunch of dix in a random grouping, I think.