Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Obsessions

In list format I assume.

Because God knows I don't want to bore anyone here. But here comes a break where I chat w/ Eff Gwazdor for a sec.

*Eff - A) I tried to post to the Extended Pizza -- what we talked about --- an opening scene to a play I've lost interest in... I could find no way to attach a word document to a blog post. It seemed as if I had to create a website to link to or something. I don't know... meanwhile I was so close to doing it mainly because I saw I was logged on to the Pizza as you, Gwazdor, on my li'l apple... so with that much accomplished already, it seemed worth it. Anyway, now I'm back to square one, so we're gonna need to discuss how it's done if you really think I should get something up there.
B) In this whole private v. public discussion I think we're missing a key reference, at least as it applies to my kinds of qualms and that's a v. important book called "Harriet the Spy." Back in the day there WAS a problem with people discovering how you saw them when you were keeping track for yourself. The finding and reading of journals is a good place to start a discussion of public and private as it relates to me. How do you treat people's words? How close are they to the person? .)

So, obsessions. Really good point from a writing class on character was "you have obsessions... you must give your characters obsessions too."

Some of mine
A) The subway.
B) "Your feet are tired sweetie? I'll carry you..." <--- This today from a guy doing I have no idea what in the driver's seat of a truck outside Radio City. As always, I couldn't understand what he'd said til I was 25 feet past but then I spent the rest of my tiny trek thinking about turning around to say "Actually.. I'm sweating buckets under this jacket, these bags are weighing me down, I just felt a gush of blood rush out of me from within, this coffee cup is burning my fingers and yes, my feet do hurt.. I knew these shoes were the wrong size but I just couldn't find others in a rush this morning and me and the dude I shack down with now and then argued and he said I have massive self-esteem problems and called me a bitch and mimicked me really unflatteringly all becasue I said he didn't know how to handle a woman but that was just becasue I didn't think he'd walk me to a taxi and I don't think he understands how very much he should walk me to a taxi when I've slept at his house. You'll REALLY carry me?" Et Tu, Alexis? In your heart of hearts, do you really want a thug? Maybe. Seriously maybe. I don't care if he screws around. I am fascinated although not obsesssed yet I guess, with the "sweetie, I'll carry you" concept.
C) shallow discourse re: celebrities, designer stuff, feminine maintenence, money, etiquette.
D) Sexual objectification
E) Did I say the subways?

This list functions poorly and was really an excuse to write about B) but I want to keep you all here in my world as effectively as possible you know. That's why the blessed blog anyway isn't it?

So crazy. :) :)
Love you to death
A

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Oh and actual shallow discourse, i.e. nutrition, calories.

Eff Gwazdor said...

Are you talking to me?