Monday, March 19, 2007

Hello young lawyers whoever you are, I know you just love cocaine...

Alexis: Hel...
Lawyer on phone: Hi Ro... Hi how are ya.. Hi. Maybe you can hel...
Alexis: Alexis actually, She's out sick today...
L: Oh well, that's fine, that's fine. Now maybe you can help me... maybe you've seen.. can you tell me if you've heard of this...see I've got this document here... and see.. I'm the attorney.. now do you know... have you ever heard of attorneys using the letterhead of the client... These guys are asking me... I'm drafting this document for 666 Xth avenue and these guys are asking.. can you put it on the 666 letterhead? Do you have that? Is this something you've heard of I mean... using the letterhead? Does 666 have its own letterhead, you know?
Alexis: I don't know. You're the attorney for that property?
L: Yeah. yes.
Alexis: Well, I don't know the first thing about it.. I mean I can give you the number of the Property Manager at 666... and I have [our company] letterhead here...
L: Sure sure.. No I think I have that. No that's okay. But I mean in your experience, have you seen that? I mean, do you know what they're saying?
Alexis: Well... you're the atttorney?
L: Yeah.
Alexis: And this document is for...
L: The Insurers.
Alexis: Well, I'm a floating administrative assistant you understand...
L: Right, but do you know anything about this? About using company letterhead for the properties...
Alexis: Well I guess all I can say is you're the attorney for this particular [our company] property... why would you have any letterhead but your own? It doesn't follow. As an employee of [our company] can't you use your own letterhead on behalf of us, your client who's employing you? Why would you have any letterhead other than your own?
L: Yeah.. that's good... THAT'S what I'll tell them.
Alexis (hangs up, turns to Debbie who hasn't spoken to her for three hours since she told A. that she's eating just fish and spinach today since eating ice cream and toblerone yesterday): I love it Debbie.. the people calling and asking you things... this Lawyer just called asking me what I knew about letterheads and business practice...
(Debbie turns to Alexis and stares into her eyes. Turns back to her computer screen wordless.)

2 comments:

kungfuramone said...

Yes, but the LOVE was still there, from Debbie. She adores you.

Eff Gwazdor said...

It's too bad that phones dont have a "slap" button. Yet. I mean, a slap is the "consequences" portion of conversation that keeps boorish twits from expressing their inner vacuity.

I'm going to call you after work. Let the world know.