Friday, March 30, 2007

Just listing; you shouldn't pay attention

I do however like the double-meaning for listing... works for today.

Anyway, um

1. something a little strained/pulled in the ball of my right foot.
2. These "stay-ups" pantyhose decided to do everything except that.
3. I spent my whole, usually, acclimating-to-wakefulness commute pulling them up... and once I got to the walking portion this was something like every 15 steps -- I mean trying to find some kind of corner to hike up my skirt and pull my "stay-ups" up against every 15 steps... and if I got to 16 that meant every eye I met was on its way up from my knees where my hose-tops were hanging.
4. Last night I had grand plans, but since I haven't gone home to my house after work in days I was tired and did nothing (neither wrote nor cleaned) but talked to that guy from work. I neither really have to end it nor don't really have to end it. Makes me angry/feel bad as often if not more often than it makes me feel good. He says maybe the reason I get involved with people who yell at me is because I'm really infuriating, "Did you ever think of that Alexis? [smack lips noise] Yeah." God he's annoying. Almost everything he says! I was annoyed from the outset because I'd asked him out for tonight and he misread the email so he thought I was saying NOT to come out w/ me tonight... okay... but I was like... oh who cares... anyway, he was like "What, your father always gave you whatever you wanted and that's why you're like this?" Then when I get super annoyed by these million and one less-than-respectful statements, he says I have no sense of humour about myself. Oh, and if it weren't for my pathetic self-esteem, they wouldn't bother me. What an asshole. What's the point. He sure likes it when I look good and tells me so though... End end end. Time to end. Watch this space for more on this boring story of me and a dude. OH -- and he said If I were less sensitive, I'd be a better blogger.... except he hasn't read the blog. So he just gets me all mixed up. Just when I'm sure I have a point and deserve respect, he turns it around on the head of a point from left field to make sure I know it's really about me being hypersensitive and fucked up.
5. The subway was SO PACKED, I kept falling into the arms of strange men. They were all of them really nice but it still made me angry (not at them; at life) the fourth and fifth time.

Write me today. It's miserable in these hose with runs falling down and the world's least sutiable lover and no evening plans. :( :( :( My shoes are so beautiful people could conceivably die from laying eyes on them. First day out for white leather t-strap 2 inch heels.

XO
A

2 comments:

Eff Gwazdor said...

You need more lady readers.

I am considering making a FameIsMagic YouTube page for you and uploading that shit for reals.

Do you want me to put a shout-out for your blog on the post? Yeah, right? Stop me quick if you don't.

I need more readers too. You are my only "serious" reader.

We need to shoot an intro to that shit. Please consider. My uncle can't drive cause of his operation, so I need to drive him around (like once a day max) this weekend. You can come here to shoot if you'd like though. I needs to be moderately sober. Boo?

You need to be more clear about that whole private public thing. I didn't understand what you were saying.

I like lists. Keep lists about what you are going to vlog about. Video Blog. We post that shit up here mad easy too, so prepare.

You need to do some homework: Find other blogs that are similar to yours and make connections with people. Connections means links and readers. This absolutely does not have to be cynical and exploitative. If you comment with your smart self people will like you. Maybe you will find some people who don't suck.

Hits are more important.

Managerially,

Alexis said...

Oh jeez. I don't know if I want more hits to the blog. I do need more lady readers though since lately I've been talking about a boy irritating me so much I guess.

I want to focus a lot more on my non-blog writing so I feel like this has very much become my thoughts in the morning and not much else. I'm not surprised it's not very interesting.

I do agree that I should list what to vlog about.

I don't want to link to the blog because the blog has my name???? Maybe I can figure out how to change all Alexis's here to FameisMagics? Un-bloody-likely.

Monday I'm in P-ton for Passover... can you build a set in your barn and we can video that intro in there around 10 pm?

Public Private thing is I'm just telling you what I think but you lose power in the world when people know what you think. This is not new. This is something we all knew in High School.

XOXO
Alexis