Saturday, December 9, 2006

Bath

I've predicted my own death to Adrienne who hopes it doesn't happen like this but will be impressed if it does. Just as Natalie Wood knew it would be water, I know I'm going to see some heretofore unknown insect, like the black and red moth (possibly bird) which I smote with Raid this summer, while in the shower, and scream, slip, and crack my head open.

I had the most wonderful night last night. My friends I met in Iowa are stimulating, fabulous, generous, just wonderful and Brooklyn came through with both experimental theater (with drinking) and an art party that was really a party. These were separated by a very cold walk. It doesn't get better than that Friday night.

But my upswing of activity for the past week has led me to where I sit now, in a truly dirty apartment, lacking certain very essential items, but also containing some nice ones. It was hard to sleep last night 'cuz my whisky started to give me a headache before I fell asleep and it was kind of hot, oh and also, when I haven't taken the trash out, which I hadn't, and I begin to have trouble falling asleep, then I start thinking that the feeling of a blanket on my thigh is the same as maybe a roach would feel on my thigh. This hasn't yet been the case... but I wonder if Adrienne would give me credit if I fell out the loft and died. So anyway the first order of busniess this morning was a bath.

Here are the products making my home smell deceptively good.
Lush pink sparkly crumbly bubbling thing
Lush off-white creamy "softening" crumbly bar

These both went into the bath tub. Lush bath products cost silly money but the girl who sold me these gave me a wink and told me to get out a cleaver and separate them into twenty pieces each. Twenty, no, but eight... maybe, so it works out good.

Some people think you don't get clean in a bath. Well, you get cleaner and if you smell good can it possibly matter? That's what I say. My bath water comes out -- well, it isn't brown, more green, and is there anyone in the world who doesn't know that the first time I cleaned my tub in this apartment its entire "enamel" coating peeled straight off? So who knows what evolutionary process could be happening within the material of which my tub is made. But I don't worry about it. It's only ten minutes, it's scalding hot - I say it gets me clean. But only when it smells like flowers.

So that's nice, but this place is a disaster, honestly coated in clothes and completely disarrayed ("What's this dish doing in the bathroom?") and now that I smell okay, I really don't know where to begin. (Oh, I've also got Ginger glop all over myself and that is smelling up the house too.)

I need a new facial moisturizer. Tiring of the mushroom stuff ... (really? I don't know....)

Okay. toilet paper, a vacuum... I'm going back to bed.

No comments: