Tuesday, December 12, 2006

ain

Drain. Sometimes it's like this, a lot, and I feel this drain in my back, I think you call it strain, but it feels like drain. And if I just want to be simple about it, it's, ugh, I'm in pain.

Sometimes I barely notice it, but once about every three months it's like, I can't believe I'm carting myself around when I'm losing blood in such a way that I feel the drain strain like an aching pain in my back. (and then, compl---)

Are these then the months when conception would have meant a really extra good mattress for an embryo?

Is there a word ending in "ain" which means fatigue?

If you're a boy, I'm sorry. Isn't that funny. I was in the "floater room" grabbing Ibuprofen and boy temp said, "do you have a headache?" I said "back ache." Do you all know what a back ache is in a 26 year old girl? Why do we protect you? go to war or something.

3 comments:

kungfuramone said...

Good call. War and opening jars: boys.

-f said...

Dear Alexis,
This post. It really makes sense to me. I mean, you sound like you were completely stupified when you wrote it, but its super scary visually, though I couldn't tell you what exactly you were talking about. But can I ever? I mentioned that we should do faux posts, but I'm afraid 'cause I think you're better at posting me than I you. I guess it's cause you actually know what you are doing. I'm hoping that chest pain is hypnotized. Oh, what do you have a million hours? Don't you work?

Idalia said...

God, I know what you mean--and I think it's sort of telling that it's major enough for both of us to write about. What the hell?