Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Whew Hello

I feel like telling you the story of my life blog, but someone made me do data entry today- so I am doing it now even though i wound up writing all day in my head while entering contacts. Well, it's been a long time since a little evening blog.

I wanna talk work, Mad Men, happiness, thanksgiving, the "family play". We'll just see what I get to.

I had a sort of epiphany about work. It wasn't a particularly happy epiphany but when are they particularly happy? - They're not meant to be happy as much as rewarding - which can bring happiness. Another weird thing is you might have to reach them twice I've found out - in that case, particularly if they are painful. :)

Anyway the rewarding epiphany. They're mostly pretty boring. They bore me more than they anger me. Nice feeling this epiphany because I stopped feeling angry without having to experience a feeling of it culminating- I just let it dissipate . Anyway, I don't wish I were marrying a preppy asap. Jeez I let that idea go too far. It's being part of their thing - the executive men I'm speaking of now - and some assistants who seem crazy - imagining that's the thing. Oh blah I could care less about making you read about this. Anyway - ack - I wanna get out of this epiphany and into the next part. Anyway, the whole thing is false, for me, because I like for love to be a little more about me than supporting a bigshot - I mean at least a Real Estate bigshot. These people are not sane, in my version of the sanity/ insanity paradigm. I've been really open minded (worse than that - I've built them up so that I would find my life more interesting) and now I'm allowed that much judgement. Mad Men is really good it turns out! :) Everyone should watch it the way I did: The first episode and then the entire third season sick on Saturday. Mmmm it was so good. I'm sorry but HBO is the new storytelling.


I know more about politics than a person needs to. Reading the internet all day is stupid - life is, after all, existential. One thing that's very funny to me is that there are "Mad Men" blogs where a person writes what happened in the episode and explains what it meant and has loads of people telling him they adore them! Jeez Louise - dummies! (I mean it's FINE -i don't harbor the person any ill will - it's just funny and boring. :) -still in the epiphany here: "mostly people are boring". ) Most of the internet is dumb and then there's following politics - climate change, scientists manipulating data, civil rights, famine, end the war? and constantly with the approval ratings. More dummies - but in politics everyone thinks they're an expert. I mean this includes me - it reminds me of why parents are difficult for teachers - because everyone went to school and everyone knows how they think it ought to be. Politics is even more broad and selfish. And a politician is really just an archetype for you to project. You know. That's why it's nice that it's not always a white man. Beyond that - it's just more internet I tell you.

So anyway I just talked to Amy and now I'm going to get cash so i have it for the laundry tomorrow. I've been in a getting my shit together moment which is fun - especially since it's going to culminate in painting the living room. if you an't tell, I'm in a very good mood. :)

So la la. More soon I hope but everything is getting very hectic in a wonderful almost Thanksgiving home renovation way. xo
A

No comments: