Monday, November 16, 2009

Chrissy, I really appreciate you saying what you do about me being such a genius.

I have this fond, I mean bittersweet which can be extremely sweet, while bitter or anyway, tear-salty, memory of meeting MyfriendH and her husband, who was then her fiance, long before they were my neighbors, in Princeton a long ago Thanksgiving just when everything hit the fan with the somewhat psychotic only-man-I-ever-lived-with. Moving out and quickly was suddenly very much on the immediate agenda.

I was crying, but it was manageable and I wasn't about to not meet them just because he'd just published this awful Friendster blog about me. Sounds so nerdy and was still so painful. It was really bad. And I'm sitting there with MyfriendH and her G, and saying, "I would just like to find someone smarter than me" (per grammar discussion "I" is actually correct Chrissy :) :) ) and they were both concurrently like "Well, that's gonna be hard."

Smarter -that's relative and of course, he doesn't have to be smarter, just very aware that I'm smart - right? That's smart enough. But also, truly, I do demand exceptional. I've met and gone out with some even exceptional people and still I really require someone be quite quite amazing - he's gonna have to be gracious and interesting to hear from for ages, and I'll also need the initial get together to involve thrill.

It's a waiting game and sometimes I get lonely and it sucks. But it is what it is and it is exactly what it is and there it is, yeah?

I had the BEST TIME last night. MyfriendsH,M,J,A - her boyfriend R, and me had dinner and reminisced about funny old times when we were kids, high school et al. Champagne, wine, and the laughter of recalled teen times. I had to wipe my eyes laughing over dinner and wine. This might be the best of life. I haven't felt so warm and good in a while. Hooray for Birthday week.

Even before this I had the loveliest night with another friend H and the ever good Kelly the prior week.

Seems it's the ladies that keep my heart warm enough to enjoy life and to smile. I also am happy that the men some of them have found to be with are enjoyable and good too. So glad for the people I love in my life... is my point. XO

A

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Do you think life is easier for dumb girls who settle for dumb guys? Or maybe just dating is easier for them?

I have a hard time getting behind that idea. How enjoyable could a relationship with a dumb guy be? Would you even notice if you were dumb too?

Anyway. Your genius is obvious to everyone with a functioning brain and so you shouldnt settle for anything less that totally, totally amazing. It just makes sense. :)

xo