Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Right

I'm doing some database thingy but let me finally finish that last post - I went to the kitchen and I never came back!

I just erased what I was writing. Let me not extemporize yet.

So, things I have been good at:

1) Singing. So long ago. You will never see me not kill at karaoke though. That is what became of that.
2) Acting. I was pretty good. Give me a scene against someone brave and I'll still be good right now. Oh and let me get a little worked up throwing a beachball back and forth between us or something first. :)
3) Verbal sections of standardized test.
4) What the fuck are those words on the GRE though? They aren't even in books. My vocabulary is diminshing all the time. And also those words were cheap shots. Nonetheless I test well. Never underestimate "haven't said b in a while" in a pinch, test-takers of the world.
5) Dancing like a hoochie. Getting low.
6) I am good with some basic salsa moves in fact. I utilize that physical understanding whenever it is time to dance. I dance from my butt and I highly recommend it. It's the best.
7) I will play defense in your pick-up soccer game. I won't let them get too much by- and I never played on a high school team and only played every other weekend at my dad's under duress when 13.
8) Being snotty with people on the phone.
9) Being snotty with people in general (maitre d' much?)
10) Explaining to peole how they're treating me wrong after the time is up on them maybe magically figuring it out themselves.

bad at?
1) well actually being snotty with people in any context besides them wanting a table before there is one available. I think it's easiest just to be nice to everyone and sometimes I even forget to be cold and bitchy to people that my dignity should prevent me being nice to. I just forget.
2) uh, the math section. Like that has to be said!
3) leaving the house in a hurry
4) choreographed dances
5) playing piano - also anything that requires patient dilligence that I wasn't already good at.
5a) besides working with certain difficult children
5b) except for the time I lose my patience with these too!

God isn't this fun. I'm so glad this is so INTERESTING TO YOU.

Please make your lists too.

I'll be back with more good. there's other things I'm good at. Oh - often generating a song to ggo woth a word that was recently said or NOT SAID I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS SONG FOR A MORE ABSTRACT REASON YOU'LL NEVER KNOW (nor I)

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Ok so your good outweighs your bad by at least a million times! I must work on my karaoke stylings and begin to dance from my butt before we rendezvous in NYC someday.

kungfuramone said...

I also dance from my butt.

I also must use this wonderful idea for a blog post.