Wednesday, August 6, 2008

hangovers make me want to write

Call me Ernest Hemmingway, Dorothy Parker, F.Scott Fitzgerald, Dylan Thomas, take your pick.

I'm considering erasing yesterday's posting because it's so self indulgent and I would defnitely edit it out of the consolidated book form of my blog that my wonderful friend K thinks it would be interesting to create. She has a friend whose blog about being proudly fat got her a book deal - in the words of Emeril, Bam. I still don't know what exactly K means in terms of this blog -- I just kept saying, "What- like take out all the spaces?" -- I think she said "Well, no. Obviously not." I think she didn't really know what form it would take to try to make it into a one-piece thing either but thought trying would be interesting.

Direct address: Publishers secretly reading my blog with avid interest: A) Disregard yesterday's babbling - I don't like that one. Of course I'm good at a lot of things that no one in the world is gonna reward me for beyond the reward of not being a drone schmendrick. B) I am extremely open to reading my blog posts aloud one after another for a charity event or whatever -- you've got the marketing team - let's get this party started. :)

Ha. Further to lovelife drama, I dunno. I confronted WG about being a dick. He admitted to it, while throwing out excuses from all corners of the sheltering sky like always. Him: "I did open your pictures by the way -- I just had to delete them becasue they filled my email account" Me: "Well, okay -- but that has nothing to do with not speaking to me or acknowledging me even in my direct presence for over a week following that." Him "You're right you're right. - - Oh you know I was away for a weekend though right?" Me: "Please don't insult my intelligence. Phones work everywhere. In the history of busy no one's ever been too busy to say 'I'm busy - thinkin of ya." Him "you're right you're right." On and on - he even offered "I'm not very upfront. I'm sorry. you're right. I'm wrong." I don't know -- I offered him the excuse that perhaps he was seeing someone else and seriously which he then said was true. Maybe it is maybe it's not because he's pathological excuse guy and that was me giving him the best one. High chance I'll have to sit in front of him on Friday at work. In that event I need one of my girls to call me. I've been generating a script in my head for the conversation for him to overhear in that event. I think I'll mostly talk about other great dates fictional or not, and ask my friend to ask about him and then i'll just say something about oh yeah--- probably not the moment to discuss it but donezo and last conversation reminded me of teaching 6th grade when you ask the kid -- how come you didn't complete this project when you know I specifically addressed your needs in creating it and they answer something about their homelife and some car accident a year ago and their blood condition and you're like, "no, but this wasn't homework, this was classwork, and this evasion excuse tactic is not serving you" except in this case I am not a teacher and the person in question is not in 6th grade, is actually a Harvard MBA. I kinda want to do that. Sorry my fantasies are so pathetic but we've discussed this -- a leave of absence is gonna be amazing and I'll re-direct the creative energies and love will steer the stars.

forcing myself to date this other guy who's very nice and takes me out and bores me to

oh more soon. gotta database.

love
Alexis

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I dont think you should erase your last post or any posts for that matter. When your blog becomes a book you can edit it then, right?
Also a friend of mine told me last night that a music magazine contacted him about a blog post on his myspace because they wanted to publish it. It was this super nerdy rant about prog rock.
So uh, perhaps you should get a myspace page and only post your most brilliant stuff there. You will surely be discovered after that. :)

xo

kungfuramone said...

Are you on the drugs?! Your last post was brilliant! It stays!

Also, I am arranging for a car to fall off a car-transport truck onto that guy from your work. It'll look like an accident.