Friday, June 26, 2009

I've confessed I didn't understand my credit card, now...

I do not care that Michael Jackson is dead eventhough I don't dispute he was the "soundtrack of our childhood" as evvvveryone is pointing out. The best part of the 80's party is always ALWAYS when Billie Jean comes on and the whole thing takes off 35 minutes before that with PYT. Oh, I know... absolutely no one is arguing against that here.

My favorite songs in 1985, however, were "I Just Called to Say I Love You" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."

Pop music is so rad when you're four/five because the sentiments are on a par with, like, sesame street. I totally called to say I love you when I was four - that was the main reason I ever got on a phone... and I definitely just wanted to have fun! Do you see? These were my favorite songs because I KNEW WHAT THEY MEANT. When they came on in the pizzareia, getting up on my chair and singing came as natural as the day was long. And the days were long... because I was four.

My other favorite song was "Invisible Touch" - maybe two years later... this was because my discerning musical taste was developing into an appreciation for the complexities of prog rock I guess. You know when "she grabs right hold of your heart" though? Yeah - I thought that was "that's my pony of heart." Being six, no one had ever really grabbbed hold of my heart. I did however have a concept of ponies being of something. They were "of" the design on their ass. Yeah? you hear me out there ladies? hahahaha

You know what song I love a lot now? "Human Nature." I feel nothing about this death though. I felt sad about George Harrison. I think it's the difference between feeling like you know the person and love the music and feeling like you love the music and the dancing and all but don't know the person and also is his child really named Blanket?

1 comment:

YourFriendH said...

Hahaha. Pony of Heart. I feel you.

And yes. Blanket is an effed up name