Tuesday, July 10, 2007

things I said i'd blog about - I don't remember

In the last few weeks, I've said "I'll blog about it" about a couple things. I don't remember what the first one was. The second one is that Farley left for his MFA program at Berkely. I think I only said that though because it's a neater thing to say than goodbye. So it's kind of a dead end for a blog post- I really have no conflict of feeling about it. It's great he's going there. It will be wonderful. He'll meet cool people everywhere and make outstanding art and hopefully come home for several holidays. I have decided I have to limit my visits to Pennington anyway. On Sunday, after my mom regaled me with a story about how much the high school sucks and I asked her why she thinks this will suprise me when she tells me about it, she confronted me saying I have a strain of hostility against her and, eventhough I think I made some really well articulated and unemotional points about how her feeling that is more likely a projection of what she feels towards me, which she's loathe to identify, I still felt upset and thought that there's a good reason most people visit their homes only rarely.

Love the kids and they don't make me feel bad at all but hopefully they'll come visit me in my new apartment - she of the several rooms - come September first. That's going to be so so so so so so great. There are four rooms in the arpatment I'll be moving to everyone. I plan to accomplish great things when I have a desk space.

What were the other blog things? Probably something from the elevaor and something about dreams. For the elevator today 40% of people won't use sick days as vacation days because "that's dishonest." If that statistic is for real then 40% of people are people I strongly condescend to because they don't differentiate between honesty between people and honesty of the individual towards a corporation and that's some conservative stupid bullshit. It's OKAY to lie to the man. Lying to the man is more honest. I hate old values. I love new values.

About dreams - the best part I think is how one of the parts of your brain that is not doing anything while your sleeping is the part that makes things mutually exclusive. I had this one where I was in both the midwest AND Israel - no problem there- talking to President Harding AND he was my step-dad's relative - still no problem with a child who was my daughter AND my sister and none of this stopped a rollicking narrative of hi-jinks and deeply felt epiphany. The logic we learn is the killing process of best experience. Everyone's heard of lobotomies but I think they should get more advanced about which parts of the brain they can poke to death / extract.

Not as inspired as i should be to post but it'd been a while and I kept talking about this.

If E reads this maybe he can remind me what else I said needed blogging.

XO
A

1 comment:

kungfuramone said...

I think you knocked it clean out of the park with that one, A.