Saturday, July 28, 2007

Music Review - Amy Winehouse

I understand how you might not be so taken with Amy Winehouse as me- say your thing isn't melody as much as mine. But she's so wonderful. I think the reason is sure, the songs are written for the perfect range for a woman never to be stretching and Motown was always the best anyway, but so many singers - pop singers - could have made it sound like no big deal - a gimmick. But Amy Winehouse has feelings and creativity in addition to her really rich voice (and her hot look - who's lying.) She reminds me that eventhough everything's so technology and less contact and more people and sad ecomomics (like always) everyone still loves an amazing singer singing something close to jazz. I like it when things are like the fifties. Less conservative than now I think sometimes (not that it's not good about the end of segregation - just overall conservatism - I digress.) Oh, does anyone know if she writes her own songs?

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Also - let her have her drug problem - don't the boys get to?