Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Redesign

What is it about the experience of living that what you're doing matters so much to you? The ego the ego, so bound in by the ego.

The reason it would be really hard to acheive nirvana or some kind of state of zen in New York is that in so doing you might become prey to vermin that want your apartment; you also might find you have an apartment that others cannot comfortably visit.

An engaged couple is coming to spend two nights chez moi on Thursday. I am REDESIGNING the apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The extraordinarily-heavy-glass topped coffee table is gone. The LOFT has been dismantled. The couch-bed which used to be under the loft has moved to beneath the windows, where the media center used to be. The media center is against the opposite wall where the purplish trunk used to be. The trunk is the new coffeee table, in front of the couch bed. A NEW BED arrives tomorrow to go where the loft was. You don't have to climb to get in. If a mouse ever gets in there I won't blog anymore because I will die, mortified.

As far as I can picture it, it's all going to be very very inviting. You should all come see.

XOXOX
Alexis

p.s. Don't date people you have to convince about it. And if that makes you happy kid, you'll be the first it ever did. (Dorothy Parker. What if this was the only thing I ever said? I think it would suffice.)

4 comments:

Alexis said...

The sad fact is I'm actually more scared of a roach getting in. I may never sleep again.

Eff Gwazdor said...

Hi Alexis,

I am back in Pennington. I am going to be able to respnd to your posts again.

The funny thing is, you can't go back in time and respond to posts in the past - it is irrelevant. That's the thing about blogging. Well, actually I think we have different styles - you post more and the posts are about your life and more time based. I post less and the posts are more like little essays about irrelevant bs. OK, I'm idealizing myself - actually my posts are like trashheaps made of words. Anyway, you've got the style down better I think and you are a more 21st century girl.

Didn't I offend you or something at some point? Whoops.

I wanna see your new place.

Eff Gwazdor said...

PS Post a content comment on EPN.

Hillary said...

Eff,

You're not reading with care. You should visit me in Queens now that you're back in Pennington.

I just saw a twelve and half hour french movie with Margaret! she won't be on the internet for two weeks she claims.

I am going to Miami on Friday for a week -- I intend to be so scandalous it won't be fit for he internet. :) Or so relaxed.. either way... or both.

I want to film EVERYTHING.

XO
Alexis