Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Smells!

For a pretty long time, when it comes to mes personal products, I've veered towards products that smell like bark more than fruit, and in the "smells clean" range - "natural" more than synthetic... I mean that generally I smell less like "clean n clear" amd more like "a bed of nettles" after a shower.

The other morning just before waking up I smelled in a my sleep a pretty syntheticish clean smell... it made me feel love.... it reminded me of summers in the dorms at Dickinson... back in the day when I DID use clean 'n clear... and so did everyone else. It smelled so good. It smelled like happiness when happiness was brand brand new. It smelled like the inkling of a self-knowledge. Way back before self-knowledge was quotidienne.

Just now I put on some bath and body works hand lotion, which I'm glad was here because my hands were very dry. But that stuff just smells like shit. It's not the smell I'm talking about at all.

XO

No comments: