Friday, October 9, 2009

Honestly

When I'm happy I have nothing to say. Self-involvement makes for better reading when it's tortured. There's a reason people act melodramatic. :)

Anyway - I guess the bad news is a I discovered I really can't see from a distance. I've been discovering this for a long long time, but it really hit home unable to see faces without wrinkle and head ache making eye squinting in a decent mezzanine seat in The Samuel Friedman Theater seeing "The Royal Family." Of course decent rather than excellent mezzanine seats always sort of suck - this is known so... that. I made an eye doctor appointment so yes. And the main point about this is that Kelly's employer should give her better comp tickets. Really - she said they never give her the good comps and that right there has got to change. Obviously it's perfectly awesome for me that she works for the company that seems to have the shows I most want to see and she gets comps to previews and asks me! Not complaining - just musings on not being able to see faces and that really affecting how close you feel to the show. Happiness makes me note the obvious in really boring ways I think guys. I feel closer when I'm closer. I'm so glad I'm bringing you into my world.

After The Royal Family, I rushed downtown for more free tickets. Now this I wish you could have been there for, all of you. It was this variety show with this guy John Wesley Harding emceeing and the guests were Tanya Donnelly !!!! and Martha Plimpton sang Thunder Road very well and then John Wesley Harding made jokes about being really impressed by her songwriting but maybe it was a little pompous - he has an accent that is making his whole life work. So anyway - the sensation - what with the Tanya Donnelly Being There aspect - was of going to the coolest high school in the world where the talent shows are the bomba cabarets just like you were alyways imagining for back then and it's still the mid 90's oh my God I have everything I want I'm just chillin with a vodka soda at this cabaret with not ready for primetime bandsters of the sound I know and love. It was rad.

Then I got a few hours of sleep and came to work and did noooothing (read some "Burr"). Then all service to Astoria was suspended after work after I bought the most incredible lipstick in a silver case with a flip up mirror. Happiness also results from or results in some super consumerism from Miss America here. (Oh, then I walked to 42nd street for the 7, went to Queens Plaza - STILL no service to Ditmars, left, skipped the supposed "Q101" bus service people were 12 deep for, and walked off the 3 lunches left over from meetings at work that I ate earlier.)

i am not the deepest. i am not the smartest. But I'm doing up Fall with the imagining new starts and loving the weather and wearing the sweaters and seeing shows and this whole post is just like knock on wood.

XOXOXOX
A

2 comments:

kungfuramone said...

I would like to particularly congratulate you regarding the sweaters.

Chrissy said...

I'll second that but add the shows and of course the lipstick too.


xo