Friday, September 7, 2007

So so freaked out

last week, I "finished" my play. But here's the thing... inadequate!!!! (and still not actually full=length -- merely 69 pages) Nonetheless, I have my two lead girls cast (for the reading -- all this trauma to my system is for just a reading. It's amazing people actually get plays STAGED.) They'll pull it off GREAT.

Then, the playwrights group director wanted me to change the date.

Then I got CRAZY here at the office. I had to lie on the floor.

Then - four insane sounding emails later - I got my date back. Good. And I got another part cast.

What's going on is, I'm casting a lot of the poorly drawn characters now. And I feel ashamed sending these stranger-actors the script. First time creative things are like a horrible horrible hell. Because I have no way of knowing if what I'm sending these people is actually blatantly terrible work. I tell, you, I feel really shaky right now and it's only going to get worse.

And I still don't have my lead male locked down, or a lot of other parts.

Thank God the actors I have are so talented. That's the island in a storm of fear --HURRICANE of fear, here.

love
Alexis

2 comments:

-f said...

Hey -

Just to make you more relaxed - I sent that invite to all of my friends. Honestly - they find it easy to ignore my histrionics recently, but I think a few of them might even go.

I'm absolutely heartbroken that I won't be there. Honestly - it is awful.

I freaked out in public as well today. It's nice - people treat you like a two year old - which teaches you that if you act like a child people will treat you like a child. No! Actually!

I had a meeting with my advisor - it was like that old joke - Doctor - it hurts when I press my stomach like this. Doc: Well, don't press your stomach like that! Har-har-har... Doctor! I am torturing myself!

Alexis said...

ha ha ha ha.

Doctor I am torturing myself.

Okay.. i am going to your blog now...