Thursday, September 29, 2011

This one I like because this year 1997/98 was so very tumultuous - the big one of big confrontation by the end. My senior year. I know it's Fall of my senior year from my tshirt and necklace and longer hair and watch and the yellow leaves through the kitchen window. - so I like this because this year was so tumultuous and things so remarkably bad between me and my mom that I don't remember what my relationship was like with the kids so much. But this picture shows me that Steph cracked me up and it seems like she liked to. I remember seeing my therapist after I'd moved out, before I went to college and telling him (he was very very good overall - I miss that guy and would shed some blood to have dinner with him these days [can you tell I'm having fierce life memory time?]but I can somehow never really get a number for him or figure out how to get in touch) I was worried for and wanted to be around for my siblings and he sort of shrugged it off. Fair enough - I got what he meant- I was going to college- was I really going to lose sleep over what was going on with these kids. But I do think I meant it. That's one of the really funny things about looking back at all the craziness and difficulties - I never can without also realizing, you change any of it, you don't get what you've got. Right? Life my friends. Anyway - this picture was a happy find. Steph and I both were like - oh look - we were friends! this is great!

No comments: