Thursday, October 6, 2011







Holy God is this hilarious.

Let me just transcribe a bit here.

Classical music.
Geology professor.
He opens his ipad-shaped enough personal thing.
The avatar tells him:
Today's schedule (notably, Take Kathy to the airport by 2:00.)
3 messages: Your graduate research team in Guatemala, just checking in.
Robert Jordan a 2nd semester junior requesting a second extension on his term paper
And your mother reminding you about your father (Geology professor stops the speaking avatar/ secretary) "surprise birthday party" 

Then he gets his friend on the horn to do the lecture for him. --- "Contact Jill."
Flemson
"He was challenging Jill's projection on the amount of carbon dioxide being released to the atmosphere. I'd like to recheck his figures"
"Here's the rate"
 Guy: "MMMM hmmmm - and what happened?"

OH MY GOD. This is the funniest thing I've ever seen???? Do you remember 1987 now? hahaha oh what happened? First, (it's no longer first, but "first") let me say that I saw this of course because someone put it on facebook this morning - it was not distanced from a general sentiment that wow - the supposed year on the computer is 2011 and the new iphone and siri whatever came out today and Steve Jobs died. Steve Jobs isn't responsible for this particular projection of Apple's future though, because this is from when he wasn't there. Secondly, I don't give a good goddamn. (2001: A Space Odyssey has the most ipad-like looking thing of any pre i-pad existing representations of future technologies I've ever seen. I'm sure I'm objectively right about this) This thing this guy's got is RIDICULOUS. When it makes the joke during the conversation?!?! ("4:15pm") and THE GUY'S ATTITUDE!!!!!!!! I mean the vid is SORT OF predicting google type searching through a wireless technology. Yeah. Oh my god though. It is like an actual secretary ... and the way Herr Professor says "MMMMM hmmmmm.  And what happened?" And the classical music. I just want to repeat these things over and over. I believe you are all with me enough that I don't need to explain how hilarious this is. I'm stopping. I have work to do. But wow- I didn't know we were going to be such calm classical music listenting, geology professor consulting fools with actual 2 dimensional helper robots, flirting up "dinner" over "research" while rememebring to take our wives to the airport in our, c'mon, Rolls, now. OH MY GOD THIS THING.

No comments: