Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pop Culture reporter

MTV has a show called When I was 17.

It was my intention to joke about how all these people were just 17 yesterday but no--- the episode I just clicked to is actually all old people like myself. People more than 10 years past 17.

Um, Melissa Joan Hart's mom took her to the Limelight. Rapper Flo Rida named himself Flo Rida - and it was perfect because that's a place he likes, Florida, and he flows and was ridin' on all the people - perfect, and Sammi from Days of our lives fell off a horse while exhibiting and got a very small back eye which was gone a week before her audition for Days of Our Lives - perfect.

When I was 17, Advanced chorus had to go sing at some competition near Six Flags Great Adventure. While we waited to perform, Megan and I tried to guess numbers and colors we were thinking of using telepathy. We had enormous success at this and I kept on shrieking at our extra sensory feats of perception. Later, back at school, maybe a week later, Mrs. Corelli told the class, the class called "Advanced Chorus" we would not be asked back as we were too loud and obnoxious. Yet she did not seem to know who was too loud. I don't know if it was true, don't know what the nature of this chorus competition was in the first place, do not think we really weren't asked back. I don't know though, because I was a senior.

When I was 17.

1 comment:

kungfuramone said...

You were very charming when you were 17. I would know.