Monday, November 29, 2010

My procrastination

oh it is so monolithic; it is so epic. I also think it's still, just for the next five hours, within the realm of allowable. I mean to blog now. As if you care, I think I'll kind of ponder quirks of my personality.

And yes, first, what is personality?

Understand, I've been using "okcupid" as my means of procrastination.

Online dating sites tend to feature basically, the Meyers Briggs personality test, but now extended to infinity.

I'm pretty sure I'm like, extroverted, thinking judging feeling or something like that.

but... we've talked about this before. We've talked about everything before. "Which is more romantic: kissing in a tent or kissing in Paris?" Um. Kissing in an airplane when you're scared because of environmental anxiety and anxiety and romance turn out to be a heartbeat alliance. See.. I'm supposed to be at work on my play. :-) but I didn't make it to the coffeeshop. ;-) Dating sites and blog you get!

Enh whatever- I'm just telling you about my life right? Valid. So anyway, I've been real sucked into okcupid and some people are so funny and clever and dark and insane. I forget that I'm looking for love in these internet places and inspect the details of people that are CRAZY.

The crazy people, haha, they implore you: why not? Isn't your mind free? Isn't life LIFE? And my answer is, oh baby, I'll read about you. I don't want to meet you but WRITE. Tell me more Chancellor Foodreallyisn'tthatinterestingtome-Isubsistmostlyonbread. I appreciate that you don't think I should quit smoking.

How weird the internet. I'm not writing to the Chancellor, or Brick_Nipples as he goes by. !

But what I've been doing is turning thirty, home for the holidays, a party hosted by a blog/blogger I'm obsessed with and I was too drunk at (and then so hungover, and now have a cold), thinking about memories a lot, and generationally a bit and therefore I just wanna say, Wow- the internet.

I feel like the answer to how old I am is my step dad worked for Cern and then Fermilab. So when i was five or six I went to Rockefeller University to visit Tom at work and heard the wild "eep" sound and some other sounds and that computers could make noises seemed amazing and like the future. My life was amazing when I was five. Dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum and IBM green-screened machines supposedly telling the scientists data to explain the behavior of sub nuclear particles.

It's a very difference sense of a computer than I have now. I'm not talking about me - I'm talking about the world. I just got a new Macbook Air. It's so light. I can carry it everywhere. I can carry the internet everywhere. It's not a member of our family. But members of our family can show us what they like on it. And there are so many smart people lost in there with you. What I mean is the internet is some big deal stuff. It is science fiction come true, a bit more that the moon landing I think. Brazen statement? I think the way that day to day in America we interect with this system
has a more complex and futuristic meaning than we sent people to the moon? Wait. They're both pretty big deals. Oh god what a genius you have here writing to you. :-D

What if I ever had a point peeps? Hold that thought.

love

No comments: