Monday, March 1, 2010

It turns out

God Help the Girl is the main guy from Belle and Sebastian and the female singer is a newcomer. Anyway, it's so good. This song "Musician, Please take Heed" is a real sing to the hairbrush song... "I thought I might just write a letter / anything to stay away/ from books and lessons today/ Besides it's part of my induction/ into the literate world/ I am a literate girl!"

The internet couldn't understand the following lyrics from the bridge but I got em all!:

I'll kick this mood off with a change of scene
I bought a leotard and go to the gym!
I couldn't get away with wearing it last summer
but I've lost a lot weight
I think it's down to leaving meat
out of my diet
as a rule
I won't buy it
'cause it's cruel

So hilarious and wonderful. Sounds like ABBA if ABBA were more wonderful by a power of ten and the songwriters knew counterpoint.

I have taken off work today to listen to an album too much.

Oh and then:

And if the nighttime threatens me with pain
I will give in to lust
I will do what I must!

Sick day for mental illness. I wish they were all sick days for mental illness. I learn about the puzzles for the LSAT from 7pm-9pm tonight.

XOXOXO
A

No comments: