Thursday, November 6, 2008

Re: President Barack Obama

Really can't say when I'll stop feeling absolutely elated about this. Celebrated with M & Z and champagne as it played out Tuesday night --- can't get enough of the New York Times since then --- I wouldn't beleive it til I saw it.

I do hope that he is somehow permanently encased in bullet proof glass. We need him so badly - I don't want an evil maniac to rob us of how much potential there is to fix so many things.

It's amazing. I've been a sucker for him since the beginning because the generalities - hope and change - are good enough for me - they just seemed too good to be true. Who else was willing enough to really attach themselves to Hope - not cynicism. I, for one, wasn't willing til I saw it on Tuesday... I was so scared - it seemed to me that if McCain won, then as a country the USA really would be now no better than Nazi -- basically willing to go in for fear and intimidation as our primary motivators. I was so scared of that, I wasn't going to be too hopeful. Also, it turns out, I didn't know what in the hell Montana was. :) Obama is brilliant - he's once in a lifetime - I am so happy, SO happy that it turns out that with hope and tireless striving, the USA can elect the brilliant person who will affect change. Yes we can yes we can yes we can. (I wasn't sure - so there's a change already.)

I really do wonder how long I'm going to be walking around feeling like this - the rest of my life? (most likely not, right?) I got home last night and turned on the tv to weep with joy a little more. It's so bizarre.

love
Alexis

5 comments:

Alexis said...

oh ps - that oonion article COMPLETELY nailed it, you're right KFR.

kungfuramone said...

Yeah, I *know*!

And I appreciate you saying the thing about bulletproof glass. I thought the same thing.

Chrissy said...

Dude, I really hope the man at least wears a bullet proof vest for a while. Though, he did slaughter McCain in the election which leads me to believe that a vast majority of Americans want him alive. But then again, it only takes one crazy asshole to fuck everything up.
*sigh*
I did read an interview with Michelle Obama where she was asked if she feared for her husbands life because he had been compared to JFK and MLK so many times and she'd basically said that they wouldnt allow fear to prevent them from running for the presidency. So it definitely isnt as though his safety is not on thier minds.
I cant even count the times I wished someone would asassinate the entire Bush administration and those fuckers manage to live and breathe every day so lets hope Obama gets 8 safe years as president!

Anonymous said...

I know, I loved that beautiful feeling too. But it went away when I, out of curiosity, starting going on conservative sites, getting pissed off with their self-righteousness and their paranoia. Then I started to actually ARGUE with some of these people. Now I'm in an all out war with anoymous nonsense bloggers with names like HolyWar6543 and NoFatChicks. Whatever you do, stay floating in the liberal soap bubble!

Alexis said...

When I got to work Wednesday, someone got on the elevator, I was standing there probably obviously happy, and the dude tuns to his coworker and goes "Well now the MESSIAH is here" all sarcastic. And there's been a fair amount of that round the office - like some people seem annoyed that people are this happy. I don't say anything but the deal is: he never said he's the messiah and I certainly didn't - I'm just smiling which usually never happens here... Sorry that's so THREATENING - Audacity of Hope indeed. This is like the Lord of the Rings I think. And he's Aragron -- okay so that's kind of the messiah. But... you know... 'so do all who live in such times..." oh whatever. my point is yuo're right -- there's been this amazing messagethat it is possible for hope to prevail. but it is a struggle becasue there are those who do not even know what that is. I've been preoccupied with the thought that feeling threatened motivates so much bad between people for a while. What a world.