Monday, November 17, 2008

laws of attraction

I am avoiding working on my play. It is shameful. But I will work on it tomorrow. I really will. I'll make coffee when I wake up early -- early enough to easily get dressed, drink coffee, watch some New York 1, and leave the house - read over what I've got on the train - and be ready to sit down and make some progress on it as soon as I sit down for tomorrow's great trudge of nothing at all to do at work.

I am very grateful for my job - loosely termed, of course, given the current economy.

So I'll entertain you with tales of dating being the usual grotesque sideshow! I must cancel eharmony. I've got two eharmoniers on the dating calendar now who need to get off the calendar because I'm not attracted to them. The first is nice enough (but what I'm really saying is not enough) but he does a terrible thing of inching closer to me or inching his hands toward mine like he's going to get physical contact secretly. That's all you need to know there. Sigh.

The other is a nice enough guy, but not hot (oh neither is the other), and I try not to eliminate on not hot alone, in case this is a brilliant wonderful becomes hot because of inner hotness person. However there is not hot working against him already. Working for him was the fact I had an allergic reaction to a pine nut on our date and he went to the hospital with me. But the second date revealed that a love connection shall not be.

I'm a little bored of this for writing about it...

oh blah - the people have needs- here - he said he could dance but couldn't actually dance. That's hard to get past.

It was so funny though -- after I was wonderful (read: drunk) enough to gracefully deal with the dancing situation, he said he might have a joint. I knew that meant he didn't -- you know when you have ajoint back home. So, you know: "well, do you have red wine?" "I have scotch" "Okay - sure - let's go have some scotch"

Half hour long conversation with his godfather who actually owns the mess of an apartment (there was an electrical fire there recently) later, God, I just want to pass out - where can I do that? "I have a trundle bed" "Oh great, that works" "But you can't actually use it becasue it's just a mattress box on it" Oh. I pass out in my jeans and fancy gold lace shirt on my back like a plank of wood on top of the blanket and somehow don't move an inch the entire night and just sleep through the awkwardest thing ever - good job Alexis!

So - not being a molester is not quite enough for me to like you. Damn these standards! :)

ANYWAY - I'm not complaining - just updating to avoid working on my play and to try to make the office day end. Who are these people meeting like guys with careers and without trundle beds on the internet?

Do I sound like a bitch though?

Hmmm... anyway, things are pretty good. Better when I actually do some writig tomorrow.

love
Alexis

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

dearest A -
When you find these people who are meeting quality guys on the internet - or anywhere for that matter - please let me know! A career (or a job) and a drivers license seem to be a tall order in Portland. I am meeting plenty of boys, just not ones that are terribly impressive. They all want to drink, they all want to have sex, some are funny - but then THATS IT. What is a girl to do? I feel like my standards are that terribly high, but perhaps I should be settling?
No. Settling is bad. Lets dont do it. We are obviously fabulous, so what is the deal?
Its a little disheartening to hear you are having just as much trouble in NYC (I always assume that people fall madly in love within days of being there) but at the same time, its good to know Im not the only one having trouble. Too bad we live on opposite coasts and cannot comiserate. Thank god for our fantastic blogs!

xo

kungfuramone said...

1. No, you do not sound like a bitch and.......

2. Happy happy happy birthday! Happy happy happy happy birthday!