Wednesday, September 10, 2008

a thought from supposedly writing at the least regrouping land

Writing is basically a triumph over anxiety - at least in my case - I'm thinking many people's cases though.

What you're up against is basically a fear that somehow you won't finish. You're stopped by that. Don't start and not finish. Don't take this somewhere where it will be harder to finish. But you must write things down anyway - and trust your subconscious just a little bit.

Create a structure and hope that you cannot ruin it. Hope that going somewhere else won't ruin it.

I mean this is particularly true for me probably. Me of will-just-fragment-and-fragment-if-you-let-me.

I went to a chiropractor and it was cool. Shoulder hurt less than constantly for about five hours. back to same old problem today though.

this shoulder problem is because of that stupid skiing on ice decision which I did to feel hardcore last March. dumb.

So anyway, I need to buy a heating pad.

and don't forget to write and finish. And not worry about finishing before I even sit down.

there's no possibility of not checking my email and getting up and smoking cigarettes and stopping and walking around though so don't even worry about it. Take a thousand hours to write it - you took time off after all.

love
Alexis

No comments: