Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Somebody kill me please

Can we all admit this week is weird already?

I'm basically beside myself. I had two new perfect-red-circle bites on myself this morning and I could hear the mouse (E. says there are no mice, only rats and baby rats in NY) last night. I already did a very unattractive rant to E. over our smoke break about how I may as well live in Calcutta, can't live like this, etc.

An exterminator is coming tomorrow evening so tonight I'll do my bleaching the floor and trashcans routine and wake up with more bites and then, maybe, hope and prayer will be answered, rewarded.

Saturday I let a sadistic apartment broker show me places in Manhattan where I could live with a roommate, pay approx. twice as much. He did that broker thing where first he shows the best place, which is unacceptble, then takes you cross town to show you two worse places than that.

I came up with a really cool idea for an engraved silver bangle bracelet though. It's just sterling silver and then it says in cursive "Don't move. Fix here."

Now there's a companion, thinner band, "But could you give me a hand Goddammit." :)

In other news, people are behaving strangely in the subways. For details, comment with your email address and I'll send you a personal email with, your choice,

1) Dude who talks to you even when you're wearing headphones, tell him you'd prefer to listen to music right now, repeat that you'd prefer to listen to music now.
2) Attractive, seemingly getting by pretty well woman with book and practically uncountable number of nervous ticks
3) lady with a migraine

Thirdly, I plan to throw out that drawing board that completely blocks my "kitchen," possibly tonight if my family is unable to promise that someone will come with mini-van to bring it to a child who can use it. THEN, I will buy a toaster and then I can start living on tuna melts. ESPECIALLY if they're aren't hosts of vermmin lining up to eat the microscopic remnants.

Breathe, breathe again. I'll pay you, incidentally to stand at my door with a shotgun and a flashlight while I sleep. To kill the mouse, I mean.

XO
Alexis

1 comment:

Idalia said...

Funnily enough the first ever broker I saw in New York had the completely opposite approach (which made much more sense in my opinion!) To whit: show three unlivable apartments within the stated price range. When apartment-seekers are gasping with despair, show them a fourth apartment that is somehow magically absolutely perfect. Let them feel the relief and joy and excitement... THEN tell them it's $400 over their max price.