Friday, May 4, 2007

poems to things / people

These promise not to be thoughtful enough to really qualify as poems, but it's my blog isn't it?

Lacoste Window Display

Lacoste Window Display,
Who would ever wear that?
I did not think
Preppies
really wanted to look like clowns.
Is it me or you who is so wrong?

People leaving the play and walking the other way

People leaving the play and walking the other way,
I was trying to get you to walk with me
when I said
Oh, I wonder if I can get to my subway this way... I always get lost when I try for 42nd street.
Did you keep walking away and not turn back
because you've all agreed together not to indulge that girl
when she would really like some company?
Maybe you thought I was just talking to myself.
Since I do a lot.


N/W train

N/W train,
I love you. I love you.
Sometimes things happen between us.
There is no subway I will ever love like you.
Did you think I cared about knowing the time in the 2 & 3?
Becasue I don't.
I don't feel much for those at all
It's you, It's you
I often love you best when we're moving out of the tunnel to above the ground
But in truth I love you all the time.

XO
Alexis

1 comment:

kungfuramone said...

Bequeath the laurels!
On this, our verse champion!
Her poems are hot shit!