Tuesday, July 21, 2009

okay okay New York New York alright alright

Well I'm back in my city, freaked out paranoid at work and bigmouthed to my own detriment as always. New York Innovative Theater Nomination Party last night. Felt really awkward somehow but theater, and esp. theater party-going, often does - apparently I seemed obviously dissapointed that I wasn't going home with anyone at the after-drinks. Ok, Embarassing. Oh and introduced myself to the literary director who I interviewed about my play with a day or two before Italy (and have met numerous times) because she'd changed her hair and there were so many people and I wasn't thinking. It's like le semaine de faux pas. I feel like I should have been consulting my horroscopes in the mornings this past week or something. What am I doing?

A) I'm getting reeeallly misanthropic. B) people are getting even worse.


I went for cigarettes an hour ago. At the newstand a guy was picking a drink. The man behind the counter told him to leave the fridge door closed while he was choosing. I kinda made a little in-the-know this-guy's-a-little-controlling face at the guy at the fridge. I don't know why. Just faces, making faces. The guy made a big fight out of it then though and it ends with "...faggit! I know when you close here too..." "Asshole!" and then the guy threw his cranberry juice on the sidewalk in anger throwing away the entirety of what he'd just bought. People are all weird this week.

I'm going to internet date when I get around to it again this summer to make sure at the least there's some sex happening. If I really like the person I won't have sex on the first date. That's that strategy in a nutshell - as you know talk of strategizing makes me upset.

Love my friends. Kind of unsure where I stand with theater company. I'm pretending I'm into awards and I'm really not at all into awards. Maybe I shouldn't p[retend stuff. Should shouldn't everyone weird, people just awful. In its own way a beautiful city. The End.

3 comments:

kungfuramone said...

Time to move back to California, A.

Oh, except that we're in the process of negotiating sale of the state to Abu Dhabi or, maybe, aliens. Whoever has money. And then we'll be consigned to the galactic tungsten mines of Nembulor.

Chrissy said...

I dont know what I did to deserve all of this wonderfully frequent posting you've been doing, but Im thanking my lucky stars anyway.

Internet dating: it always kinda highlights for me just how many single douche bags you need to wade through to get to the good ones. Or the semi-good ones. Or the decent ones, anyway. Ok, in the end, they're the tollerable ones.

But where are the good ones?

Kelly Haydon said...

The answer is #2. People are getting worse.