Wednesday, June 18, 2008

it's always the same

Cabbie last night listens to a priest in California on the radio, he says. 2011 will be the end of the world and there will be a world wide earthquake and the dead will rise from their graves and the non believers will have to stay on earth in torment and terrible suffering.

Me: Well, lots of people are living like that right now on earth.

That stopped that, basically and I was glad. He kept giving me cigarettes too and stopped the meter way ahead of my house. What a (yiddish word must exist for it). I was gonna tip him anyway, but I played along. I said "You don't have to stop the meter - that's alright - when the end comes it will be okay that you made money."

2 comments:

kungfuramone said...

You're the only person anywhere who phrases things like you do. I mean that as a nice thing.

Alexis said...

I love my fans.