Monday, November 5, 2007

I have no choice

I have to post to the blog because I'm receptioning today and z phones r slow... so it's irrelevant whether I'm compelled to post or not... there's nothing else to do.

The weekend was a good one. Myfreindh and I bought tickets for an Amtrak train to go to Connecticut and then missed the train altogether cus we were lesiurely having a bloody mary and a snack at the Houlihans in Penn Station. Then we got our act together and rented a car, which turned out to be probably an even better plan than the original ride-the-train one. I loved driving the way there --- autonomy and a quicker thinker than myself in charge of the direcs. Perfect conditions. Myfriendh drove back because those Oberlin alums, they party so damn hard -- anyway, I couldn't drive, but Myfriendh did and there you have it - another fall weeekend outside state lines. Superb. Also, I was very impressed with A's art; A is who we were visiting in Connecticut and her painting is very affecting, dark, and lovely.

Then myfriendh stayed over in Astoria when we got back and I got to show off my little neighborhood, the cupcake place, the celing fan, my abilities cutting boxes.

I hope I get inspired to post about something besides my weekend soon. Nothing else coming to mind yet though... Besides, there's nothing quite like missing the train or screwing up the train or any kind of train-realted logistical problem with myfriendh. There is a potential for legend there... still developing.

No comments: