Thursday, October 25, 2007

music review

Arcade Fire is so good. I am 4 years behind on that observation and I still have only rocked their 2nd album.

H & G have "Kings of Leon" on their ipods and I got a CD of theirs too - also really really good.

I'm into rock now - yay. Hip hop isn't going anywhere new. I'm even over mash-up (finally.) (I'm not giving up hip hop or something though. Don't get me wrong.)

So I just need to hear Backyard Tire Fire some more too. :)

Okay, one new york fucking observation:

What happens is you wind up feeling so close to strangers for brief fleeting moments and this kind of affects the whole quality, I mean sense, of your life.

Like how I was annoyed about people calling me "sweetheart" I have to caveat that I meant that about men in bars, not about the bagel guy and the magazine store friend and the UPS man that call me "sweetie." All these fellows are such fantastic friends. :)

And also feeling very close to yourself in maybe less brief, less fleeting moments. I mean, I am always thinking to myself, except when I'm asleep or rocking out or filing (and even sometimes while filing.) On my smoke break, I saw a little sparrow that might have been hurt. I don't know what it is about a hurt little bird. Maybe he was just wet and molting. I so wanted to pick him up and bring him to an arboritum, but I don't want Avian Flu and I don't know an arboritum although I do have a plant.

XO
Alexis

3 comments:

kungfuramone said...

I'm happy you like rock now.

Anonymous said...

Rock and roll rules! Not that I don't love hip hop, but you know. And the new record Backyard Tire Fire just recorded is amazing. To be released at an as yet undertermined date on an as yet undertermined label.

Alexis said...

that is so like myfriendh to come out and comment when it's the time to praise rock.