Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I am very happy

Imaginez ca! The only thing I'm unhappy about is that I'm procrastinating - but maybe at around 3:30 / 4:00 I'll write a couple awesome emails regarding show-I'm-producing and feel better.

Text sent to me from my sister at 8:27:05 this morning: "Always finding new levels on which I can't stand mom"

Remember my recent blog post about hating to hate my mother before 9am? Solidarity! Solidarity in Angst - it grows the heart - it warms the heart to the bottom of its very cockles.

I went on a really really passable date last night. That went like this: virtually no conversation on the internet service because I'm tired of it - he lives in my neighborhood- so last week I was just like Monday - let's do this. Exchange of phone numbers. He called yesterday while I was frantically finally getting my computer back in business at home, trying to prepare to make a soup when I haven't cooked in years, doing some emailing that had to be done, starting up the shower. Well, I hated his voice and I thought I was going to hate him because he was all "are we still on for 8:00?" and I was all NO that's way too soon - didn't I just say I'm in the middle of a bunch of things? - frantic and wondering why I'd ever thought it was a good idea to go out with this ed norton face freak who lives in Queens on a Monday night. He's kinda great though. I live to find fault (hate this about myself and struggle with throughout every first date) so I managed to find a few but, like I said, really really passable. He went for the kisses - he's not an insecure mess who cared if they were awkward or not, he drinks, he smokes, and he spends sundays bicycling 70 - 80 miles!! He designs furniture. He went to school for cabinet making - and now he does that for big name label corporate-ly and is proud about it 'cause he took his craft & skillz and brought them to New York i.e. out of Michigan. He confuses Augustus with Thomas Aquinas and for this reason we will probably be watching us some I,Claudius in the near future.

Maybe I had a good date because a pigeon shat on me on the way to work on Monday morning.

But everything is really good with me right now -- call it the end of summer, and I do. I had to just shake my head as we finished our date at the beer garden and tell him "My life is really just wonderful right now." It's true! I love dating when I'm happy.

And oh, there are other guys too!

And ideas, and good news about the show, and I'm just happy which is nice to blog when I'm not furious/ snide.

Oh but Chrissy - I'm going to a camping wedding this weekend which I'm thinking I feel about like you would feel about. I was telling my coworker friend and she said, "You should tell them you don't really want to feel like a Duggard this weekend" as in that kidnapped girl. I thought of you.

XOXOX

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE that want to get married while CAMPING?! Why do they want all of their guests to be dirty and gross and smell like campfire? Are you fucking serious?! I want all of the guests at my (possibly non-existant) wedding to be showered! Also, how is anyone going to get laid afterward? TENTS ARE NOT SOUNDPROOF! Do you want your parents and family to hear all of your friends having sex? NO.
I do not get it. My future husband will be hard pressed to get me to get married outside, unless its somewhere really fabulous.

Alexis said...

I know.