Tuesday, April 3, 2007

So much coffee

When you drink more than two cups of coffee, you have to post to your blog.

My family loves Farley. It's great. We're so weird. My mom decides to do things. We do them (like have a seder eventhough no one knows why or how)realize it's too weird us just doing it together, and then I'm like, Should I call Farley? and EVERYONE is like, "YES! Do it now. Call him. Tell him it's imperitive. Tell him we'll do whatever he wants." Ben has more than once expressed, "There's nothing good about Pennington... besides Farley." Stephanie: "Actually he really should come. Tell him 'please.'"

Then I'm a jerk and pass out before the end of the movie but sorry Farley! Next time I'll stay up late I swear. I.O.U.

The seder last night was very funny. And annoying. On the phone prior to the event, my mom was very excited about the Haggadahs she'd found for it, cleaning out Grammy's house... "The Kahn Haggadahs" The Kahn Haggadah is a Haggadah for people far too impatient for Passover, i.e. my late Grandfather and his "brilliant tax lawyer" (-- my mom) friend Ed Kahn. The whole thing was probably 12 pages long, written by Ed and formatted as follows:

ED: blah blah blah

*blah blah blah
*blah blah blah

--------------
FOOTNOTE: * indicates that Ed designates a reader.

It skipped major important Passover events. It was basically like Ed explains the egg, Ed explains the parsely, Sing dayenu, Ed explains the matza (kind of!,) drink wine, let's eat. Then, optional, let's sing America the Beautiful.

We all thank God Farley was there because love and thankfulness would not have ruled the night otherwise we suspect. Especially becasue we can't torment my mother as harshly as we would do in front of him, and the food was seriously questionable. I think there's more to Matza ball soup than cans of chicken broth and pre fab matza balls but we're non of us really ones to talk becasue none of us DOES know.

Should be a different scene at ye olde somewhat-more-Jewish-acting house tonight.

I'm going to weigh in with the two best parts though

1) When Tom regaled us with the story of a Swedish video? cartoon? in which some monks are teaching other monks (again, ?) to read books instead of scrolls and the monks (second group) are resistant... scrolls were easier! And Tom was all "No it's funny. I mean it's about computers. It's Swedish. It's from a computer magazine." Tom, the best. And the nerdiest.
2) When we submitted to making a "gravity wall" video with Maddie. It didn't work. It still looked like the floor that she was lying on and not a wall at all. But we got to pelt her with stuff and for once, I think, she was obeyed... usually that's me. I mean I was still bossy and everything....

Anyway, Farley saves the night again. How can he leave Pennington... What will we do on Memorial Day? What will we do 4th of July? If you think we're testy when you're around, you know... you know?

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX love you
Alexis

2 comments:

Eff Gwazdor said...

I should have had you write my recommendations Alexis...

Sheesh!

Eff Gwazdor said...

Results of research"

Charlton Heston - not even remotely Jewish.

Ten plagues - we didn't have a chance
1. Nile to blood
2. Frog invasion
3. Fleas
4. Flies (really mean ones)
5. Cows die (and camels too)
6. Boils (winner: grossest plague)
7. Hail storm. And fire. Hail and fire storm.
8. Locusts
9. Darkness
10. Death of first son